Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day Tradition

Sadly, we did Valentine's Day without Daddy this year, but we still had a fun day. This year Karis came downstairs and opened the door into the kitchen and shouted her arrival with a VERY loud, "Happy Valentine's Day!" She loves holidays and gets very excited about them. It is sweet to me that she is beginning to remember the traditions too. She asked if we were going to have heart shaped pancakes and treats in the valentines mailboxes. That meant a lot to me - that she remembered what we did the last two Valentine's Day.

Karis and her heart pancake
Joshua and his heart pancake

Our Valentine's Day mailboxes. This year they had Pez candies, M&M's and a sucker. My sister said I sounded red-neck to say sucker!!! But, that is what they call them down here - no one says lollypop! Isn't that funny?


Karis and I made mini cupcakes the day before Valentine's Day.

She took her job of putting the heart candies on the top of the cupcakes very seriously, and wanted to make sure that we had a photo of just the cupcakes so that we would remember the heart candies on top!

7 comments:

Heather said...

how fun! yes, sucker is very red-neck indeed! i can't remember the last time i heard that term...probably last year when we were down with you all...wow, a whole year already!

miss you all tons!

Unknown said...

I love the mailboxes!!! Where'd you get them?

Cooper Family said...

Shelley,
Target! Every year they are in the $ section.

How are you all feeling?? Heard you have had quite a time with sicknesses!

Laura

Unknown said...

If I were you I'd stock up on those mailboxes... ;)

Very fun traditions Laura! I need to start some on my end...

Unknown said...

come to think of it... how about I just copy all of yours? hehe

Cooper Family said...

Michelle,
I don't have an original idea - I promise. I saw the heart pancakes in a family fun magazine one year, and the mailboxes - well they were just there in the $ section the week before valentines day. I bought 6 of them last year, and two more this year to replace the two that the children mutilated as they played with them after Valentines Day last year...Not that we plan on having 6 kids. I put stuff in one for Craig last year too.

120 sanwood rd said...

I call them lollipops....i did't know people called them suckers. hhhmmmm, interesting.

Krista