Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy 4th!


This July 4th we kept Madie and Philip for the evening while Stuart and Jenny had a little get-away. The kids had a blast (no firework pun intended!). We went to the Ridner's to swim and watch their neighbors shoot off firecrackers. Here is the patriotic bunch!
The cousins loved their sleepover, and they did really well given how young they are. Karis and Madie talked late into the night - but finally drifted off to sleep. Actually, when Karis got up to go to the bathroom at 10:30 pm, Madie fell asleep. Then, having no one to talk to, Karis quickly fell asleep. We stood outside their door and listened to them talking. It was so sweet to hear them. They were looking at books and listening to Karis' CD. I hope there will be many more times in the future where they will sleep over together as they grow up together!
The boys we didn't trust to fall asleep together! My husband wisely decided to lay them down separately. We moved them into the same room after they were alseep. Smart decision!
I wish I had taken their photos sleeping together, but I was too tired to go downstairs and get the camera once I had gotten upstairs to go to bed...next time I guess!

No comments: