Sunday, October 22, 2006

Long Awaited Post


I have not posted in several weeks. I figured it was time to put a few photos of the kids on the blog. Most of you who read this blog would know that Craig's Dad is in the hospital in Brazil. He has been there several weeks suffering from many problems as a result of gastric bypass surgery. The whole family would love your prayers on his behalf.

Craig's brother Stuart is over there serving the family by helping his Mom and Dad with the doctors and hospital side of the tradgedy. Craig and Tyson (his older brother) are here in the states seeking to keep the family business going. Please pray for them as well.

A few days ago, we tried the first cousin sleep over. With Stuart in Brazil and Craig (at the time in Atlanta) Jenny and I decided to stay together for a night. Humorously, I say we tried. In retrospect, I smile as I think of the night!

The children had fun playing together in the evening. The boys went to sleep with relative ease. Madie did as well. My little girl... well let's just say she was very excited to have her cousin in the other twin bed in her room! We kept hearing her try to wake Madie up - thankfully, unsuccessfully!

Finally she fell asleep an hour and a half after Madie. Jenny and I enjoyed the rest of the evening together. For a moment, I felt like I did 8 years ago, and we were once again roommates. Unwisely, we stayed up late - what else would you expect?!

At 5:30 am we heard little feet walking down the hall. We both assumed it was Madie - who had gone to bed much earlier than Karis. Jenny jumped up and called for Madie. What we heard suprised us. KARIS replied, "I'm not Madie. Madie is still asleep!"

More than an hour later everyone but Philip had been awake - thanks to my little one! I was able to get Joshua and Karis back to sleep, but Jenny's children were permanently awake (from about 6 am on) All of this and a trip to Dunkin Donuts - and they were all very happy in the morning to have even more time to play together.

Jenny's children both napped that afternoon... my little girl who oddly survives on less sleep than most did not!

Here is a photo of the children all taking a bath ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

does everyone comment on how similar Madie & Karis look? There eyes are identical!!