Sunday, March 11, 2007

30th Birthday Celebration!

Last weekend we celebrated Craig and Stuart's 30th Birthdays. Jenny and I planned a suprise getaway to the mountains. What a fun weekend! Jenny and I planned for weeks to suprise the guys and bless them with a weekend like none other.
We suprised the birthday boys by having a few of their buddies pick them up at their offices mid-day on Friday. They had an afternoon of bacheloor activities including go-carts, cigars, wings and lots and lots of laughter. Craig said that he couldn't remember a time when he laughed so much.
The guys were led blindfolded into our cabin and we had a wonderful evening with them. What a hoot!! Jenny and I made up new lyrics to "Rocky Top" about our husbands. I'm not sure which was more fun, planning all of that, or acting it out for them.
The next morning we trecked down the mountain (in our mini-vans!) to enjoy a pancake breakfast. Later that day another suprise came - Tyson and Niki and their children came up and spent the next night with us. Again, more laughter!
God richly blessed the weekend. Craig laid in bed after the weekend and sighed, "I had so much fun!" That was an answer to prayer and I was so glad for my husband! I am so grateful to be married to the most loving, kind, godly, wise, forgiving, funny, faithful man I know.

Karis and Madie shared one King sized bed! They loved it and talked late into the night. What do two little three year old girls giggle about anyway?


The Cooper Cousins on the fireplace hearth


Joshua and Philip


Girls hanging out!

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

Dear Laura
I thought this had to be you, then, of course, seeing your photo I realized - it is! :)
What beautiful children - what a blessing! I would love to catch up (kelly_a_cooley@hotmail.com)
It has been so long - I'd love to hear about how you are and all God has been doing in your life!
Take care!
~Kelly (Vaughan)