Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Monday Day Off

We're still adjusting to our new schedule with Craig having Monday's off. I am very mixed up on my days during the week. Tuesday still feels like Monday to me. I know that I will get used to it, but it will just take time.

Craig has been trying to plan fun activities with the family on what he calls "Family Day" Karis has been loving this, and asks most mornings if it is family day! This past Monday, Craig planned a morning trip to the Foothills Pkwy. There was a 1 mile hike there that we did with the children to the top of Look Rock. The view was amazing. At the top of Look Rock, there is an observation tower that looks onto the Smoky Mountains - 8 miles away.

Starting out for the path. We gave each child a bucket to collect nuts and leaves along the way. It was funny to see what went into Joshua's bucket. I started out showing him how to put things that we saw along the way. He caught on quickly and starting grabbing handfuls of leaves at a time! He and Karis ran nearly the whole way up the path. They were so happy to be outside!

Taking a photo and water break along the way


Craig and I at the top. It was so hazy - too bad the view behind us didn't come out in the photo.


Looking onto the Great Smoky Mountains


Karis and Joshua on the way down

No comments: