Saturday, September 20, 2008

Full Heart

Recently, I have been reading these journal entries from a Christian mother that fill my heart with gratitude to God for what he has done on my behalf, and with love for my family. Here is an entry that is particularly relavent in my life:

The heart of a child
Awake with fussy, teething baby through the nightime hours--her sweet warmth nestled beside me, finding peace and comfort in this God-given one who loves her day and/or night and delights in tenderly caring for her. Her heart safely trusts in me.

Unable to sleep, I too find a place of quiet rest midst the darkness round about me, in a loving Heavenly Father who neither slumbers nor sleeps, who is the keeper of this heart of mine prone to wander from His side. The keeper of my heart; my hopes, my dreams, joys, sorrows, fears and confusions.... He made me, He knows me, He loves me through and through. There is a place of quiet rest, near to the heart of God. The love of Jesus, what it is, none but His loved ones know.

Then shall you call upon Me, and you shall go and pray unto Me, and I will come near to you. And you shall seek Me, and find Me, when you shall search for Me with all your heart. And I will be found of you....Jeremiah 29:12-14...I continually marvel, at the reality and revelation of God, everywhere--all the time, to those whose hearts are inclined towards Him, in dependence with a childlike trust, desiring His good and perfect will, in all things. Amidst the many doings of my life, it is the be-ing, with this One that loves me dearest and best that keeps me, that sustains me, that causes my heart to overflow, with a love that I could never hope to possess on my own. He takes all that I am and am not, and freely gives of Himself.

Jesus, I am resting, resting, in the joy of what You are, I am finding out the greatness of Your loving heart. May I ever be, led by Your gentleness. May I continually find rest, in Your love.

No comments: